Home Insurance

Home For You Home Insurance

Your home is likely one of the biggest investments you’ve made. We’ll make sure that it is properly protected.

What is homeowners insurance?

Homeowners insurance protects you from things that can damage your home and personal property. Butler Byers is one of the most competitive home insurance brokers in Saskatchewan. Our knowledgeable brokers will find the best plan for you and your home.

Why do you need it?

Homeowners insurance not only protects the contents of your home, but also any external costs you may incur if your home becomes uninhabitable. Most importantly, homeowners insurance is a peace of mind investment that ensures that you’re cared for and supported during uncertain times. Butler Byers has access to plans from many reputable companies. With multiple plans to choose from, we’re sure to get you the best plan and rate for your needs.

What is covered with homeowners insurance?


Show More

Show Less

Protection as a result of damage to the structure of your home, including fixtures, plumbing, and heating, due to a covered loss, such as fire or hail damage.

Other structures

Show More

Show Less

Coverage for detached structures (garages, garden sheds) and fixtures attached to land (driveways, sidewalks, patios, fences, and swimming pools).

Personal property

Show More

Show Less

Coverage for the contents and personal items in your home, such as furniture, clothing and sporting goods.

Note: The coverage also extends to your personal belongings anywhere in the world.

Loss of use

Show More

Show Less

A safety net for additional expenses over and above your normal living expenses while you are unable to live in your home.

Liability of others

Show More

Show Less

Covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members may cause to other people.

Note: This coverage only applies to named insureds and unnamed insureds living in the same household.

Other coverage options may also be included and are not limited to what has been indicated.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much insurance do I need?

That’s where we come in. We will gather information to determine the best coverage for your home.

Are natural disasters covered?

Damage caused by most disasters is covered in a standard homeowners policy, but floods and earthquakes are excluded. Additional coverage may be needed.

If my sump pump fails due to water backing up through the sewers, am I covered?

No, but you can easily add a sewer and backup endorsement to your homeowners policy to cover the loss.

At what stage of the purchase process should I get homeowners insurance?

You should have your homeowners insurance in place prior to your possession date, so that any items you move to the property are properly insured.

Let’s get started

Complete our online homeowners insurance quote form to start the process or use our contact form!

What you’ll need:

  • Listing and/or home inspection (if possible)
  • Void cheque/banking letter (if interested in a monthly payment plan)

Related Resources