Tenant Insurance

Home For You Tenant Insurance

As a renter, you need to protect yourself and your belongings, especially when your landlord’s insurance won’t.

What is tenant insurance?

Your own tenant or rental insurance (as it’s often called) will provide protection for the things not covered by your landlord’s building insurance. When you have tenant insurance, you protect yourself from risk or loss associated with your belongings, your personal liability, and damages that occur to your property.

Why do you need it?

Your landlord’s insurance will not protect your belongings or your personal liability. For a small monthly fee, tenant insurance will protect you and your possessions and give you invaluable peace of mind. Butler Byers is one of the most competitive tenant insurance brokers in Saskatchewan. Our knowledgeable brokers will find the best plan for you!

What is covered with renters insurance?

Personal property

Show More

Show Less

Coverage for the contents and personal items in your rental (furniture, clothing and sporting goods).

Liability of others

Show More

Show Less

Covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members — and, in some cases, pets — may cause to other people.

Loss of use

Show More

Show Less

A safety net for additional expenses over and above your normal living expenses while you are unable to live in your rental.

Other coverage options may also be included and are not limited to what has been indicated.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is tenant insurance expensive?

Tenant or renters insurance can be incredibly affordable! Though pricing varies, policies can cost as little as the equivalent to a couple cups of coffee from your favourite cafe.

How much tenant insurance do I need?

That’s where we come in! We have the knowledge and tools to help you determine the best coverage for you.

Why does my landlord require tenant insurance?

Just because your landlord has coverage doesn’t mean that you do, too. Your own policy will protect your personal belongings and liability while living in the space, as well as any incurred costs and expenses if you have to live elsewhere during a claim.

Let’s get started

Complete the online form and we’ll follow up within one business day.

What you’ll need:

  • Void cheque/banking letter (if interested in a monthly payment plan)
  • Previous insurance information
  • Contents Inventory

Related Resources