Vacation Property Insurance

Home For You Vacation Property Insurance

Protect your cabin, cottage, or vacation property.

If it’s where you go to get away, give yourself peace of mind with the right insurance for your cabin, cottage, or vacation property.

What is vacation property insurance?

Your vacation property policy will help cover the cost of damaged or lost items and protect any detached private structures like a boathouse, garage, or shed located on the property.

Why do you need it?

Vacation property insurance is especially important because it is not always occupied. We have built our business around understanding your needs and what is important for you to protect. That’s why we offer a range of coverage to customize to your needs.

What is covered with vacation property insurance?


Show More

Show Less

Protection as a result of damage to the structure of your home including fixtures, plumbing, and heating due to a covered loss, such as fire or hail damage.

Other structures

Show More

Show Less

Coverage for detached structures (garages, garden sheds) and fixtures attached to land (driveways, sidewalks, patios, fences, and swimming pools).

Personal property

Show More

Show Less

Coverage for the contents and personal items in your condo (furniture, clothing, and sporting goods).

Loss of use

Show More

Show Less

A safety net for additional expenses over and above your normal living expenses while you are unable to live in your home.

Liability of others

Show More

Show Less

Covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members may cause to other people.

Other coverage options may also be included and are not limited to what has been indicated.

Frequently Asked Questions

How much insurance do I need?

That’s where we come in. We will gather information to determine the best coverage for your home.

How is vacation property different from home insurance?

There are a few unique properties of a vacation home that can lead to more risk. Factors like the amount of time the property is unoccupied or if it is rented out at any point can have an affect. Your Butler Byers account manager will guide and evaluate your situation and providing you the best policy for your needs.

Is my boat covered?

Theft to watercraft, including furnishings, equipment, and outboard motors, is typically excluded if the theft occurs outside your residential premises. To cover your boat and its accessories, we recommend a separate boat insurance policy.

Let’s get started

Complete the online quote form and we’ll follow up within one business day.

What you’ll need:

  • Listing and/or home inspection (if possible)
  • Void cheque/banking letter (if interested in a monthly payment plan)
  • Previous insurance information
  • Your Lender’s information

Related Resources